Author Topic: Jamestown 1607-2007  (Read 2447 times)

Offline Lt.Del

• Andy aka:SgtDel
  • DelbridgePhotography.com
    • www.delbridge.net
Jamestown 1607-2007
« on: May 12, 2007, 10:42:14 PM »
Well, on yet another adventure. I couldn't pass up on the 400th anniversary of the English people here on this land. If it weren't for Jamestown in 1607, the first permanent English colony, heck, we could be speaking Spanish...the Spaniard did have a hold on Florida. But, then again, in another 50 years, Spanish just might be the official language of this land.....if these dang politicians won't do anything!!! But that is another story.

This nations first elected government took place on the Island of Jamestown.  In fact, it was the capitol of Virginia until 1699, when it moved to Williamsburg.  Virginia boundaries went from Florida to Massachusetss to the Pacific at that time. Boy, my state has shrunk since then.

I am here in Williamsburg, Va camping out.  It is only 8 miles from Jamestown.  Spent all day there at Jamestown today.  Got the family coming down tomorrow (Sunday) to accompany me in Jamestown tomorrow.  Pres Bush will be here then...may be I'll speak to him about those dang immigrants.

Pics

My Jamestown picture page

Offline cjtimp

• Registered Users
Re: Jamestown 1607-2007
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 06:21:44 PM »
See........I mean oui......i mean.....what was the question ?   ENGLISH NEEDS TO BE THE "OFFICIAL" LANGUAGE !!!!!!!
82 C-10 SWB - work in progress!

Offline Lt.Del

• www.delbridge.net
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 10:50:09 AM »
Well, I didn't get to ask Bush about the immigrant issue, he was too busy conducting the orchestra  :o

see updated pics.

Jamestown Page

Offline 87GMC1500

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2007, 08:58:08 PM »
No offense SGT, but i thought it was funny about jamestown being the first place immigrants came to from england, and u talking about " those dang immigrants"
just an observation

Offline Lt.Del

• www.delbridge.net
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2007, 09:48:15 PM »
I am just sick of these people coming over and enjoying the freedoms and liberties my ancestors have fought for for over 200 years.  On all branches of my family line, my roots have been here since we answered to the King of England. 

Where will this immigrations stuff end??  When we have 5 billion people like China...oh, but all Chinese speak the same language. Each couple can have only one offspring. 

I say limit immigration numbers and deport illegal immigrants on the spot.

My ancestors help make this country through out its entire span....yet, immigrants get reduced taxes and free loans for starting businesses and their kids' tuition is much less than my kid's because of them being minorities.

Something is wrong with this picture!

jamestown being the first place immigrants

There is a big difference from the early 1600's when the English people were given a grant of 50 acres each for each person they brought over from the Mother Country.  We needed people here then, in part, to out number the Indians. 

Now, in general terms, immigrants are a minace to society.  Sure there are exceptions.  But these Mexicans coming over and getting free healthcare and reduced costs for everything, and, look at the jails in the southwest....many, many Mexicans there.   You cannot compare the 1600 and 1700's to the 2000's in terms of immigration.  I don't even want to mention the Va Tech shooter.