Author Topic: Stepside bed swap  (Read 6100 times)

Offline johnhardaway

Stepside bed swap
« on: July 21, 2002, 11:30:00 AM »
Has anyone ever swapped a 6ft stepside bed onto a K-series that was originally equipped with a 6ft. fleetside bed?  Are the beds interchangable, or will the frame need to be modified?  Also, are the beds from the C-series interchangable with the K-series?

Offline 84 silverado

bed swap....
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2002, 05:53:00 PM »
the beds swap out with no problems. Depending on what year bed you get you may have to change the fuel inlet hose and fitting at the bed itself though.
Also, be careful about bed-swapping...... girlfriends and wives really get pissed at shtuff like that!!!!!  ;)  

Offline cpegasus

Re: bed swap....
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2002, 07:15:00 PM »
hey now I resent that comment (j/k) I have a 77 K10 I want to put on a step bed myself LOL :)
Carol

www.geocities.com/cpegasu...truck.html

Offline johnhardaway

Year interchangability?
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2002, 08:17:00 PM »
Thanks for the help.  Since you mentioned that the fuel filler lines differ on different years, does that mean that the beds are interchangable throughout the 73-86 models?  I.E. would a 73 bed fit onto an 85 frame?  Thanks for the tip about bed swapping, my wife still isn't over the fling I had with her mother and I wouldn't want to piss her off again (thats a joke).

SmilinJ73

stepside bed
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2002, 11:22:00 PM »
i have a pretty clean 73 stepside bed if anyone is interested to trade. the paint is fairly clean and is compete

email SmilinJ62@aol.com