Author Topic: Manual Hubs swap?  (Read 2511 times)

Offline Thermal Izod

Manual Hubs swap?
« on: February 28, 2009, 01:21:35 AM »
I have an 82 k10 with the auto locks...I know someone that has a 73 suburban that has manual hubs on it....anyone know if that part is interchangable with my truck?
1982 Shortbed K10 Silverado.  305 ci with a mild cam, full true dual exhaust (Long tube headers, "H" pipe, and Thrush Turbo mufflers.  4x4, and otherwise completely stock.  about 153,000 miles.

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
Re: Manual Hubs swap?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 01:50:35 AM »
sure they are just swap them out
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline Antti

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 12:35:40 PM »
I think that the groove for locking ring on the axle stub shaft is at different location. Not sure though...

Offline Thermal Izod

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 06:06:05 AM »
...does anyone know for sure?
1982 Shortbed K10 Silverado.  305 ci with a mild cam, full true dual exhaust (Long tube headers, "H" pipe, and Thrush Turbo mufflers.  4x4, and otherwise completely stock.  about 153,000 miles.

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 06:30:37 AM »
from what i remember my buddy had auto and i got him a pair of manuals he swapped them out and gave me the autos to switch in mine never got around to it tho
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes