Author Topic: lowering a 1973 3/4 chevy  (Read 2249 times)

Offline zion73

• New Users
lowering a 1973 3/4 chevy
« on: April 05, 2006, 11:55:00 AM »
My neighbor wants to get rid of this truck his dad bought new. It's a 3/4 ton lwb with the inline 6 and 4 speed. The dad rebuilt the engine but the cab has rust and it's showing it's age. Anyways, he wants to give it to me and I want a truck real bad. With the exception of the long bed I really like this truck as I have used it to haul loads of gravel for my side yard. I even like that it has the 6 cyl because it gets decent gas mileage.
My vision for the truck is to not worry about the rust right now, or the earl shive paintjob(it's a dark brown-was inca gold I believe). I do want to lower it and throw on a cheap set of wheels/tires. I've been surfing the web for lwb and/or 3/4 ton lowered chevys and eventually saw one I thought looked pretty good.
i27.photobucket.com/album...ch_3_6.jpg

Matt's truck has a 3/6 drop. So, my question is what's the best way to get this truck lowered yet still haul a couple motorcycles ,maybe a load of furniture or other medium size load every once and a while? I was thinking that I could get a 3/6 with 2" drop spindles and a 1" lowering coil for the front and for the back I just need suggestions. Sorry if this is long but I was hoping someone would offer some advice on the best way to lower this truck.

Edited by: zion73 at: 4/5/06 10:56 am

Offline shaved80

Re: lowering a 1973 3/4 chevy
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 08:19:00 PM »
only way to get 6" out back is a flip kit. but if you wanna haul stuff get helper bags

personally, i would pay attention to the rust first

Edited by: shaved80 at: 4/5/06 7:20 pm