Author Topic: Lower 5" front and 4" rear?  (Read 12419 times)

Offline big10

Progress
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2006, 10:22:00 PM »
I forgot one other thing. While we had the front suspension off, we decided to replace as many bushings as possible.

We replaced the:

control arm bushings both sides top and bottom.

sway bar bushings - these were actually gone!

I believe they replaced as many of the bushing for the steering as they could. I will have a more detailed list tomorrow or monday

Josh:rollin  

Offline lotopp79

• Registered Users
check your caliper
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2006, 02:50:00 PM »
mine rubbed after we lowered mine to the piont the wheels would turn

kind found out after I put my nice new set of cragers on and threw it in reverse and the and my front end shutter really bad

you might just need to grind a small amount off the top outer edge

Offline big10

project done!
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2006, 08:25:00 PM »
Ok, the lowering is complete.

It looks real mean, I really like it. But I just found out that even my stock wheels are rubbing while turning. This really puts a damper on things. I am getting the 20" wheels next week, I can't take the rubbing - it is just too dangerous.

I must say though, there is a truck here where I live that is as low as mine, but it just looks like crap. I think his problem is he has the 15" wheel and really small tires. I am sporting a set of 275 60R15 toyo proxes and they really fill up the wheel well. On the front and back the fenders are clipping the top of the tire, and it looks great.

So when the bushing were getting replace, we found out that my sway bar was missing all of its bushings -nice! After getting all the components put on, the ride is without a doubt awsome. It feels real tight, and the ride is smooth - no bouncing and it is not too hard either.

I am getting better with handling the stress of all this. I get real stressed out when I send my truck in to get work done on it. I think it is because every time I have something done that is expensive, there is always a snag. I had trouble with my motor when I got it rebuilt, then I had trouble with the suspension. I hope I don't have trouble with the wheels, please make this one an easy one.

Thanks for all the input, i will post pictures when i get them back from the photomat.

Offline roundedline

• Administrator
Re: project done!
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2006, 05:30:00 PM »

Offline big10

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2006, 06:03:00 PM »
Well, the rim was rubbing, now nothing is rubbing. I replaced the wheels with 20"s this morning and all is well. I put on toyo proxes s/t 255 40R20 the wheels are 20x9 front and rear. Pictures to come soon.

Offline roundedline

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2006, 10:55:00 AM »
Was it rubbing the LCA or the brake caliper?  Typically you have to clearance either of those for 15" wheels.

How about some pics?

Chris Lucas
www.73-87chevytrucks.com
www.captkaoscustoms.com
Project Su
Jimmy 2WD Project

Offline big10

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2006, 11:26:00 AM »
It was rubbing the lower contral arm. Pics are coming. I bought a disposable camera and haven't used all the film yet, but they will be up soon.

Josh

Offline big10

Re: The Pictures are in!!
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2006, 12:13:00 AM »
This is what the truck looked like for most of its life, except for the aftermarket wheels.

Offline bigblock73

• Yeller
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2006, 09:50:00 AM »
Looks fantastic!!  Good job.

If I may make two suggestions, ditch the big mirrors for some smaller sport mirrors, and lose the big rear bumper for a stock sport bumper...it's be perfect then IMO.  :)

But, it is your truck and you are the one who has to be happy.  :)  

Jeff

'73 swb 2wd

73-87.com

Jeff

'73 swb 2wd

73-87.com

Offline 123 pugsy

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2006, 04:46:00 AM »
Looks great!  

Pugsy
76 C10 LWB