Author Topic: my front end sounds like an old rocking chair  (Read 2350 times)

Offline JMB

my front end sounds like an old rocking chair
« on: April 29, 2003, 11:16:00 AM »
I have a bad habbit of listening to my stereo all the time and because of this i sometimes dont hear things going wrong untill im on the side of the road fixin it ..but yesterday i was changin cds and i moved my steering wheel all the way to the left and then the right and my front end groaned like my antique rockin chair anybody got a clue what this is ??is my front end shot?the truck drives straight and rides right and doesnt lean but since it will be lowered next week I need to know if iv got a serious problem?

Offline chrisr

You'll know soon enough
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2003, 08:09:00 AM »
If you have no other issues with the front end your probably ok.  the lowering will effectively disassemble the front and any bad parts will be found....
the groaning you hear when turning the wheel is likely the power steering pump.  It will groan when the wheels are turned against the steering stops.
bad squeaks and clunks usually indicate a bad bushing or
ball joint.  If any parts are bad, now is the time to address them when you have the front end apart...

Offline jimfulco

old rocking chairs
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2003, 01:19:00 AM »
Try the cheap stuff first!  Check the power steering fluid.

Offline fauska75c10

• New Users
Re: old rocking chairs
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2003, 01:41:00 AM »
I have a leak in my power steering and get "groaning" sounds when I run low on fluid but it sounds fine when freshly filled.