Author Topic: Lowering question? Cuttting Springs?  (Read 1897 times)

Offline C10CONFUSED87

Lowering question? Cuttting Springs?
« on: July 12, 2015, 08:25:04 PM »
Des anybody know what is the lowest I can drop my C10 in the front so that my 20's wont rub on the wheel wells or fenders? Also can I just cut the stock springs? Will it fit the same as the stock springs? I just ask this because it seems to me that after you cut the springs that it will not sit flat like the stocks ones. The springs will have more of a angle set to them after you cut them, meaning if that I stand them up after cutting them they will just fall over. As where the stock springs sit straight up. Really need help and advice. I have just lowered my C10 with some lowering springs that came with the truck and the wheels are inside the fender by an 1" to 2".  Like the look but wheels would hit the inside of the wheel wells when I was driving and turning.  Really bad when turning on sharp turns, removed the wheel wells and I am now having issues as to where I can mount my antifreeze bottle and battery.  They where both sitting on top of the wheel wells, now that have removed them I have no clue as to where to mount them. 

Offline Captkaos

• OWNER and Administrator
  • Administrator
    • http://www.73-87chevytrucks.com
Re: Lowering question? Cuttting Springs?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 11:47:41 PM »
How much drop are you running and what is it compromised of?  Just springs are generally only 3" drop which isn't low enough to make them rub in my opinion.

Cutting springs are fine, but you do not want to get more than 2" of drop by doing this, the ride deteriorates after this point.  about 1.5 is the max I would remove them.