Author Topic: 78 and 80 Same body style?  (Read 1555 times)

Offline Cheyenne

• Registered Users
78 and 80 Same body style?
« on: March 25, 2011, 05:11:20 AM »
Growing up my Dad bought a 78 Chevy Cheyenne 2wd he bought maybe in 82 or so. He did a 3 year restoration on it and being from the southside Chicago we took summer trips in it every year. We went west to Wyoming one year,south to North Carolina another, north to Minnesota east to west va I grew up in it. Long story short he buys a silverado in 04 and gives me the 78. I was 25 had it parked at a pool and it got nailed it was parked. I'm now 31 and I have had classic vehicles I love them but I always think about that 78 Cheyenne we had. I have a chance if I want to buy a 80 Cheyenne I'm wondering what the diffrence would be in the grille the rear etc? I'm not a big truck guy going from year to year I know I learn. I want to buy the 80 is it pretty much the same as the 78.. You can see how much this is to me, I'm a grown man and memorys are everything I don't want to second guess myself thinking a 80 is not like a 78 and than sell it trade it etc. If the body are pretty much similar I buy the truck I looked for info on the net I figured I ask chevy guys. Sorry about the story just brings back good memorys.. Thanks everyone

Offline Blazin

• Blazin new trails!
  • Global Moderator
Re: 78 and 80 Same body style?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 06:10:44 AM »
The sheet metal is the same. The grill itself is a little different but a 78 style can be swapped in in a matter of less than a half hour. You could get the 80 with square headlights but that is changeable to round as well in an afternoon.
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs

Offline 1980c10

Offline Captkaos

• OWNER and Administrator
  • Administrator
    • http://www.73-87chevytrucks.com
Re: 78 and 80 Same body style?
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 08:12:32 PM »