Author Topic: Paint Search  (Read 2051 times)

Offline wideboots

Paint Search
« on: November 09, 2005, 07:07:00 AM »
I have been working on my 1978 Chevy 1/2 ton step side truck for over a year now and am ready for paint.  I have searched 8o   for something a little unique.  I finally found THE paint color to my liking.  However, now I can't find the color code of this paint.  Any one know where I might find the Color Code for the "Go Man Go" color on a 2005 Dodge Ram Daytona truck?  It is kind of a bronze color.  That truck only came in two colors.  The other color was a silver metalic.  This was a limited addition truck Dodge put out.  It had a hemi engine and a spoiler in the rear.  I saw one here in Bakersfield, California but could not get to it to ask the owner.  I think this color would look great on my truck.  Anyone out there have that color code available?  I have looked on several web sites, but they all want the color code that is only on that particular truck.  I know, I know, it's a Dodge, but I only want the paint color my friends! :p  

Edited by: wideboots at: 11/9/05 7:12 am

Offline roundedline

• Administrator
Re: Paint Search
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2005, 09:34:00 AM »
The color is actually Go Mango!, they just capitalized the G.  It is an updated metallic color they offered back in the '70s.  You can typically go down to the Dodge dealership and ask for the paint code.  It was availibe on the limited edition Chargers also.

Chris Lucas
www.73-87chevytrucks.com
www.captkaoscustoms.com
Project Su
Jimmy 2WD Project

Offline DnStClr

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2005, 10:26:00 PM »
Dodge is bringing back the GoMango color and a yellow banana color for 2006, on the Charger R/T.  
img232.exs.cx/img232/4336/19qk.jpg
That color code might be K2.

Edited by: DnStClr at: 11/9/05 10:42 pm
Don
87 Chevy Silverado

Offline Blazin

• Blazin new trails!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2005, 07:05:00 AM »
Any auto parts store that mixes paint will have the code as well.

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs

Offline kursed

• Chopperhack
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2005, 09:07:00 AM »
if you're planning on painting it yourself, the auto body supply shop where you buy your paint will be able to get the code for you. if you take it to a paint shop, they should be able to get the code for you.