Author Topic: Mile Marker Locker disassembly  (Read 7371 times)

Offline hoyle83

Re: Mile Marker Locker disassembly
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2013, 10:33:07 AM »
Not asking without telling here lads, hopefully making it home to get a look this weekend and i'll let you know what i find! maybe more pics lol thanks though everyone for adding your two cents!!!
Mitch Hoyle
KCCO
"Work Hard To Play Hard....Or To Fix Your Toys....And Then Play Hard!"

Offline hoyle83

Re: Mile Marker Locker disassembly
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2013, 12:09:11 AM »
So first things first,real appreciative of how u guys jumped all over this, where I come from its hard enough to get someone to say hello at the coffee shop so thx all! The aluminum housing was retained by and internal ring located on the I.D of the hub (with no ears for snap ring pliers) when I looked for the ring, grease had filled the void/split in the ring elimonating the possibillity for removal...dental pic and she was out, axle did have groove lke u guys suggested but I guess mile marker uses this internal as opposed to external snap ring. Initial reasoning for me to break things apart was that I just bought the truck (from south carolina, a canadians dream!no rust lol) anywho drivers side wheel had a bit of play....turns out the spindle threads were goofed (likely dirty when someone installed the double nut last time...my guess is when the inital torque, prior to backing off/setting bearings felt snug or clicked the torque wrench because the threads were jammed and off they went...anyways I was looking into a thread chaser or a die to fix the issue, get the truck back in action to cart my snomobile around(tis the season) n then I took a breather and realized I was cuttin a large corner/removin material from the mechanical joint so now I am awaiting arrival of my new/used spindle and I should be up and running. Sorry for the ramble but I wanted to tell ya's what I was thinkin so u lads can correct me if I'm off track :) thanks again guys, quite a community of knowledge! Cheers
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 12:57:05 PM by hoyle83 »
Mitch Hoyle
KCCO
"Work Hard To Play Hard....Or To Fix Your Toys....And Then Play Hard!"