Author Topic: Portal Page  (Read 11745 times)

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
Re: Portal Page
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2014, 10:38:51 PM »
lol i think me and bake are the only ones that don’t like it. it does seem too cluttered. i guess I’m used to where everything was and know how to use the old style. kind of like going to the supermarket only to find they rearranged every else. but the reason they do this is so people like me, who know where everything they need is at has to look around for it. and then by looking around i might buy something that i havnt seen before
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline Captkaos

• OWNER and Administrator
  • Administrator
    • http://www.73-87chevytrucks.com
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2014, 10:52:19 PM »
Or find the gallery.  LOL.  I just stuck it on there for the forum just incase people bypass the main page.  It is debatable if it stays there at this point.

Offline Captkaos

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2014, 10:53:20 PM »
Does this limit the size of pics that can be added to a post or are the sizes auto-sized?

No it changes nothing on the posts..

Offline frotosride

• WFO CONCEPTS
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2014, 11:04:07 PM »
I don't know what a direct portal page is but whatever you did with the site since the last time I was on I like it a lot.
"Beat it like a red-headed ford"
1987 v10 Silverado(LQ4), 87 R10,83 K20, 83 cucv 6.2 Detroit
2006 Boulevard M109R 109 cid,2019 M109R BOSS
2009 Jeep XK, (future LS Swap)
GSXR 750 engine awaiting go kart

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2014, 11:13:59 PM »
idk if its just this pc but its loading a little slow. im going to surf some other sites and see how the pc acts.

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline Captkaos

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2014, 11:18:23 PM »
FYI this has been on the forum for almost 4 months, everyone was just bypassing it.  It shouldn't be any slower.

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2014, 11:20:06 PM »
yeah im leaning to the pc might need a good cleaning with a rubber mallet, if i hit refresh it takes 7+sec to reload lol. but i do like the feature to add or remove the other windows
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 11:24:17 PM by Irish_Alley »

Offline bake74

• Build Thread
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2014, 06:35:08 AM »
Does this limit the size of pics that can be added to a post or are the sizes auto-sized?

No it changes nothing on the posts..

It does make a difference on my I-pad.  The pics do not show full screen, on my I-pad I have to scroll back and forth (side to side) to see the whole picture.  It was not that way before, the last time I used my I-pad on this forum it did not have the side bar on the forum page.
     I do not know if you added the side bar (who's online, recent topics, calendar) to the forum yesterday (Wednesday the 19) or not, but I noticed it then because I am out of town working and use my I-pad.  When at home I use my computer.
     So I guess I am asking if you just added the side bar portion specifically to the forum page on the 19 (Wednesday), or before and I did not notice it because I was on my computer which has a wide screen ?
      If you added on Wednesday, and if it does the same to the pics on my computer as on my I-pad then I definitely do not like it.  I will not know till Friday morning when I am back at my house and can use my computer.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 06:40:47 AM by bake74 »
#1: The easiest and most obvious solution to any problem is 99% of the time correct.
#2: There is no such thing as impossible, it just takes longer.
  74 k10, 77k10    Tom

Offline Captkaos

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2014, 09:35:18 PM »
I did change it Wednesday.  Try it again now..  All the blocks are off on the forum now.

Offline bake74

• Build Thread
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2014, 10:20:38 PM »
     It might just be me, but I do prefer the forum page to be just the forum page and the home page to have all the statistics.  And yes the forum page is just showing the forum info now.
#1: The easiest and most obvious solution to any problem is 99% of the time correct.
#2: There is no such thing as impossible, it just takes longer.
  74 k10, 77k10    Tom

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2014, 11:38:45 PM »
seams better this way. it was just too much going on with the blocks on the form.