Author Topic: License Plate Lights?  (Read 8807 times)

Offline cruppert77

Re: ?
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2006, 05:15:00 PM »
used to see lots of steel box bumpers with the dealers name stamped into it. Doubt that those were factory. I think that they were more common in the 70's and on work trucks, where the owner would need something heavier than the cheap ones they came with. Certainly, not all of the trucks at the dealership did not have them in 92, it was a $200 option. But you could buy a new bumper for $110. Thats what a lot of people did then.

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2006, 05:28:00 AM »
I don't think in this state you can sell a vehicle without bumpers if you are a licensed dealer but then again maybe that's just my state.... Who knew:eek  

,                           ___ 
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

74 GMC, 75 K5, 84 GMC, 85 K20, 86 k20, 79 K10

Offline LowSierra

• New Users
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2006, 07:46:00 PM »
dealers could order the trucks without bumpers early on. the one I worked for installed cheap bumpers so they could make more money. the bumper was also a factory installed option. well equipped trucks were ordered with the better looking bumpers and other accessories.

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
,                           ___ 
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

74 GMC, 75 K5, 84 GMC, 85 K20, 86 k20, 79 K10

Offline Blazin

• Blazin new trails!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2006, 05:35:00 AM »
I remeber as a kid my parents bought a Datsun pickup new and it didn't come with a rear bumper, and my sister and brother in law bought a new 76 Chevy C 10 it didn't have one either. I had a 64 and a 76 Chevy truck both had steel bumpers with the dealers name stamped into it. The 64 said A.J. Foyt Chevrolet, Dallas Texas. It was mangled beyond recognition though.

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs