Author Topic: Can I get some quick help?  (Read 3045 times)

Offline 1979C20

• Kyle Taulton.
Can I get some quick help?
« on: May 07, 2011, 02:38:51 AM »
I got home and walked in the door and turned around to shut the screen door. I saw headlights behind my truck and then my mom pulled up from the other direction. So I walked down to the sidewalk and a cop was parked behind my truck so I walked over and asked if I could help them and she said "my tail lights were out and I didnt make a complete stop and I was going too blah blah blah blah". So I walked away and checked my lights and they are out. So I walked back and said it was a fuse and ill get it replaced and she went on about how I doubted her so I told her thanks for telling me and have a goodnight and walked away. Haha. I love not being pulled over, because I can be as rude as I want and she cant do anything. But, the reason I am posting is I need to figuelre out whats wrong with my lights. I have no running lights or licence plate lights, but I have brake, turns, and hazards. What could it be? My tail light/ courtesy light fuse is still good.
1979 SCLB C20 Q-jet 350 SM465 14b F.F. 4.10 G80
1989 GMC Suburban V2500 TBI350 TH400 4in lift 35's 14b SF

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
Re: Can I get some quick help?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 06:24:28 AM »
Check the connection for the rear tail light harness. Did you look at the wiring diagram? Don't be a wise guy to a cop because next time they'll nail you for the stupidest little thing.
,                           ___ 
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠¯¯¯¯¯'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

74 GMC, 75 K5, 84 GMC, 85 K20, 86 k20, 79 K10

Offline Lt.Del

• Andy aka:SgtDel
  • DelbridgePhotography.com
    • www.delbridge.net
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 07:40:01 AM »
people are just doing the job they are sworn and paid to do.  ;)   Why be rude?  I don't go to other people's  jobs and be rude to them--unless they deserve it.

Offline bake74

• Build Thread
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2011, 07:52:15 AM »
     Like vile said, check your rear connector, check each wire to ground to make sure each has power, if they do then you know it is in the back of your truck.  Next check each light housing for proper ground and make sure each is getting proper grounds.
#1: The easiest and most obvious solution to any problem is 99% of the time correct.
#2: There is no such thing as impossible, it just takes longer.
  74 k10, 77k10    Tom

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2011, 11:55:41 AM »
She’s just doing her job. If she wanted she could of been a butt right back at yeah. You will find it much easier in life if you respect some people who deserve it lol. If the grounds/connections check out might also be head light switch
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline slammed79

• Thou shalt not drive stock
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2011, 11:59:05 PM »
Last time I was a smartalec to a cop I was in cuffs while the 74 got searched. Probable cause, the officer said he smelled marijuana. I challenged him to drug test me. He said there must be a reason I had $1000 and a XD40 on me.

He caught me in a mood too, I am usually very cool with police.
74 C10 Long bed 350/SM465 Lowered on 20's

Praise the lowered

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2011, 12:19:17 AM »
Last time I was smart to a cop he got pissed lol gave me a ticket for passing in a no passing zone. It was broken line when I started to pass but due to the engine timing being retarded she lacked power. So I finished passing the school bus  ::) (It was empty give me a break)on a double yellow. He said I passed in a no passing zone I argued with him we swapped words. He asked for my license and reg. I gave them to him. He then went to match my VIN only to see I had a dash mat on my 86. He screamed at me "this is illegal" I dint know what he was talking about so he screamed it a couple more times. then he jerks my drives side door open I just laughed at him and said "your not going to find a vin there" he screams this is illegal again so I ripped up my dash mat and said "there" even though the mat has the whole for the vin and it was visible from the outside. So he gave me a ticket for passing in a no passing zone
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline 1979C20

• Kyle Taulton.
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2011, 01:39:33 AM »
Alright guys. Right after I posted this I realized what it could have been and went back and checked. There was a trailer brake plug on my truck when I got it. And it was a hack job with wire nuta and e-tape. So I decided to just pull it out and splice the wires back together. Well, the ground wire came out of its butt connector. Thanks for the suggestions. And, I was disrespectful to her or anytging. I just paid very little attention to her.
1979 SCLB C20 Q-jet 350 SM465 14b F.F. 4.10 G80
1989 GMC Suburban V2500 TBI350 TH400 4in lift 35's 14b SF