Author Topic: Will a Blazer console fit a Truck cab no problem?  (Read 15095 times)

Offline SUX2BU99

• My Cardomain Site. Truck is on Page 6.
Will a Blazer console fit a Truck cab no problem?
« on: September 18, 2008, 12:16:15 PM »
I have the console out of my previous 81 GMC Jimmy sitting around (for 15 years now lol) and since I put buckets in my truck, will the console fit the floor no problem? It's at my brothers house so I don't have it handy to try it out.
85 Chevy Silverado C10 short, wide, yellow, 2wd. Lowered, 60-over 350 with Dart Iron Eagle heads and Comp Cams XE268 cam, TH350 w/ shift kit, 3.40 Gov-lok 12 bolt.

Offline Captkaos

• OWNER and Administrator
  • Administrator
    • http://www.73-87chevytrucks.com
Re: Will a Blazer console fit a Truck cab no problem?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 01:30:50 PM »
Yep, same console was used in both vehicles.  I think the mounts were different but that is all.

Offline Skunksmash

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 01:39:20 AM »
Another new project for CaptChaos? Maybe making and selling the seat brackets and console brackets... I doubt anyone else sells them. You might just have the market cornered on that one. Then a lot of guys could just go get suburban or blazer bucket seats and buy the mounting brackets instead of trying to hunt some factory ones. I have been looking for a while in my area, to no avail. I am probly just going to have to get an aftermarket set of seats.

Offline bigblock73

• Yeller
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 12:44:27 PM »
The console bolts directly to the floor for pickups..2wd trucks at least.  4wd trucks needed brackets because of the hump.  Blazers had a piece of flat stock that went underneath the front mounts of the console.
Jeff

'73 swb 2wd

73-87.com

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 03:00:13 PM »
A seat track is available for our trucks. I bought one for my 85 K20
,                           ___ 
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

74 GMC, 75 K5, 84 GMC, 85 K20, 86 k20, 79 K10

Offline Skunksmash

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 09:58:33 PM »
Hmm, i wonder if my idea would be possible then. Cause i really have been looking around and i think everyone else gobbled up all the factory seats and center console's in my town. As these trucks get older and older, the more popular they become. Maybe i could get a set out of a burb or blazer and have that work. Unless the seat/consoles are different in some way?

Offline Prong

• Registered Users
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2008, 06:08:58 AM »
The seats/consoles are the same. It's the seat *tracks* that are different. As noted above, you may also have to fab brackets for the rear of the console to bolt to in order to keep it level.
79 K10 SB 4x4 383/Th350
79 K10 LB 4x4 350/SM465

Offline Captkaos

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2008, 09:36:19 AM »
One our of a Suburban would work but you still need the inner seat riser that goes with it, and you need to bend the rear frame tracks.
The only think that will work out of a Blazer is the actual seats and console, the seat tracks won't work.

Offline Skunksmash

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2008, 12:59:59 PM »
Is the styling of the seats themselves the exact same? I was looking at a 89 burb and they seemed a little different looking, though i am unsure as i am not familiar with them.Maybe the years of the burbs/blazer vary in seat styling? I mean in terms of matching the the trucks that we are trying to match up with.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 01:02:45 PM by Skunksmash »

Offline Captkaos

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2008, 01:09:21 PM »
for the same year range they are the same, the later model Suburbans had a different version because they had armrests.

Offline Skunksmash

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2008, 08:22:10 PM »
Do you happen to know what year they started putting in the seats and center consoles that we like -  in the burbs/blazers? Just asking about a seat and console setup that might be found in a typical 87 Silverado that was equipped with 'em. I am trying to find out so i will know what years to say/ask for when i go back to the junkyards. The first time i only asked for trucks, so of course the guy only directed me to the trucks. If i can say what years of burbs/blazers that i can use instead, i have a better chance of getting the seats. Then i can just buy the brackets and have the seats recovered.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 08:29:58 PM by Skunksmash »

Offline Captkaos

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2008, 08:55:34 PM »
By later model Suburban I meant basically 81-91.
If you want specifics, the 82-91 Suburban had armrests and buckets were not offered for pickups after that time, if you find one with them listed, you can consider them RARE. 
If you are wanting seats in a Burb to match what would possibly come in a 87, you would be out of luck.  You would need seats from a Blazer and seat tracks from a Suburban.  The suburban and Crew Cab share the same basic floor shape as a pickup.

Offline Skunksmash

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2008, 05:35:36 AM »
Ok thanks for clearing that up for me. So what years of blazers should i be looking for that would match the truck seats? Would that be 82-91 as well?

Offline Captkaos

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2008, 02:39:47 PM »
I would guess you would want 77-86 high back buckets if you want what would have come stock in a 87 IF it was offered.  They did not recline and the passenger side was stationary.  Of course if you get the Suburban seat tracks they allow for adjustment.

Offline Skunksmash

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2008, 06:08:22 PM »
But the seats that were put in the trucks did recline?

Lot of differences and stuff to learn about seats lol.