Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Engine/Drivetrain / Re: Something is scrapping the driveshaft!
« Last post by Shifty on April 29, 2024, 09:29:54 AM »
Aww man!  Why did you remove your roadkill-scraper-mount?  ;D
Body, Glass & Paint / Re: Cab floor brace support
« Last post by philo_beddoe on April 28, 2024, 10:31:56 PM »
Take out inner fender, loosen body mounts, jack up cab, cut, drill, grind, repair, patch, & weld all associated parts, lower cab, measure shim, adjust. Use rust protection on all areas. Should only take like 5-10 minutes.  8)
Well, two years later,,,finally got around to replacing that cab floor brace,,, sort of. Turns out the rotted section never reached the cab mount. So we cut out the bad section and welded in the exact shape piece needed, trimmed and painted. Done!
Engine/Drivetrain / Re: Something is scrapping the driveshaft!
« Last post by philo_beddoe on April 28, 2024, 10:24:08 PM »
Well I unriveted that useless box, gone! Cleaned the area and painted. Looks like it was never there. Will add pic when I get a chance.
Interior & Equipment / Re: 1987 R10 Silverado RPO decoding
« Last post by zieg85 on April 28, 2024, 09:34:48 PM »
My sticker in my glovebox gives me that code.  It also is different with the trim levels
Interior & Equipment / 1987 R10 Silverado RPO decoding
« Last post by mcgarijs on April 28, 2024, 09:13:38 PM »
trying to get new interior and not sure if it had black or charcoal velour originally. looking for RPO codes for either black or charcoal , door panels, velour seat, velour inserts in the all electric door panels as well as the ceiling. I have found a partial RPO codes but not one that breaks down the interior options.
Thanks in advance.
Engine/Drivetrain / Re: 357 (350 - .40 Over) Build Questions Etc
« Last post by VileZambonie on April 28, 2024, 06:59:51 PM »
4 bolts are fine as long as you aren't doing anything crazy. It's coming along!
Engine/Drivetrain / Re: Towing questions
« Last post by 1980K20 on April 28, 2024, 05:16:46 PM »
Hey got delayed, some sort of problem with the website earlier, then distractions…

On the trailer wiring, 7-pin connection, there’s a 12v pin for trailer brakes.  How many amps?  30a should be okay.  On my trailer it charges up the emergency brake kit.  Done know what else it does.

For the th350, it should be okay.  These k20 were pretty solid

I found this article that’ says 6500 pounds.   With the upgrades, it can handle 7000 pounds. That works.
Engine/Drivetrain / Re: No vac dizzy
« Last post by VileZambonie on April 28, 2024, 05:59:04 AM »
Double check the firing order. Make sure you didn't cross 5&7
Engine/Drivetrain / Re: 357 (350 - .40 Over) Build Questions Etc
« Last post by Mike81K10 on April 27, 2024, 08:17:08 PM »
Worked on the engine some today. Installed the heads and wanted to get the pushrods measured for the proper length needed. Could not complete the pushrod measurement because my adjustable pushrod measuring tool appeared to be too long. The minimum length was the same as the OEM pushrod and I did not think it would be shorter.

I went ahead and put the intake manifold and valve covers on to see how they would look. I had to order new gaskets and they will not be in till Monday. The gaskets I had were not what the AFR Head manufacturer suggested. Still have to figure out my proper pushrod length and order the correct ones as well.

I removed my engine from the engine stand and put it on an engine cradle. Seems safer since all that weight is not being put on the back of the engine with four bolts for an extended time. Beside that, it is easier to move around and takes up less room. This is the first time I have ever used a cradle.
Members Rides / Re: 1986 C10 after 14 years finally started on
« Last post by zieg85 on April 27, 2024, 05:30:06 PM »
At last a little progress... It now steers with the floor shift column.  It felt good to work on it finally.  Went back to work after 6 years of retirement so spare time is scarce combined with decent weather.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]