Author Topic: Exhaust  (Read 5166 times)

Offline captain carnage

• Registered Users
Exhaust
« on: January 07, 2009, 11:03:36 PM »
Hey, was wondering what some good options would be for an exhaust system on an 87 Blazer with the TBI 350, keeping the stock manifolds, just looking for optimum power and a good rumble. It currently has single exhaust back to the cat and muffler, with 2 outlet pipes on the muffler. Oh yea the motor is stock and will remain that way :)

Thanks,
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 11:09:07 PM by captain carnage »
Multiple chevys = neverending projects

Offline Stewart G Griffin

Re: Exhaust
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 10:47:41 PM »
The previous owner of my truck took it to our local muffler shop and had true dual pipes put on (one pipe from each manifold to the back of the truck) dual cats and 2 flomaster 40's for about $420.  i'm not sure exactly how much that would be CND even though i used to go to Canada every week on business.

i don't have an x/h pipe, but it would probably be a good idea to use one.

i'm really pleased with my setup.

Offline 1985montecarlozack

• New Users
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 10:30:31 AM »
Hey, was wondering what some good options would be for an exhaust system on an 87 Blazer with the TBI 350, keeping the stock manifolds, just looking for optimum power and a good rumble. It currently has single exhaust back to the cat and muffler, with 2 outlet pipes on the muffler. Oh yea the motor is stock and will remain that way :)

Thanks,

i use to have a 1985 blazer k10 with a set of headers with 3 inch exhaust with a set of flowmaster mufflers and a 4 inch tip it sound great

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2009, 12:58:08 PM »
Here is how I ran my 88 Blazer 350 TBI. Shorty headers, y-pipe, hollow S-10 Blazer cat, one flowmaster, single outlet. It sounded really good. You can do the same without the headers. The stock muffler dual tip is junk and sounds like garbage. I just put a factory set up on a guys 84 c-10 and it's not impressive. If you are going to run a flowmaster with the single exhaust make sure you have a cat on there even if it's hollowed out. It will take the drone out of the cabin.
,                           ___ 
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

74 GMC, 75 K5, 84 GMC, 85 K20, 86 k20, 79 K10

Offline GoatBeard

• Frequent Member
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2009, 01:07:08 PM »
I'm all about some Cherry Bombs.

http://www.cherrybomb.com/am_cms_media/02_Chevrolet_2500_6-0.mp3

This example is on a newer truck so yours would sound similar -- would be even louder if you had some headers.  Sounds a lot more wicked if you have a carb with the secondaries wide open.  ;)

Anyway, probably just depends on your state laws. 

Offline captain carnage

• Registered Users
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 08:06:24 PM »
Already did it, just went with a 3'' tail pipe and a flow master 40 from the cat back. Sounds good and semms to have a little more stink.
Multiple chevys = neverending projects

Offline K20 Blazer

• New Users
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2009, 10:32:47 PM »
I have a dynomax super turbo on  two trucks.

one stock 4.3, and one not stock 350.

Both are single exhaust, and sound good.

It's not loud but you can still hear it.