Author Topic: Whay size exhaust clamp  (Read 2639 times)

Offline Jakethesnake73

• Registered Users
Whay size exhaust clamp
« on: May 25, 2015, 05:27:07 PM »
I have 2.25" od exhaust and need to know what size exhaust clamp to use when clamping on a muffler that slips over the exhaust piping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline FlatBlack77

• Cheap Fast Reliable - Pick 2
Re: Whay size exhaust clamp
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 05:41:53 PM »
you could probably use a 2.25 clamp. i would imagine a 2.50 would be too big but i could be wrong

one trick i use when clamping on mufflers/exhaust pipe is clamp it down real tight then loosen it back up and spin the clamp around 180 degrees so its opposite of where it was then tighten it up real good again and leave it there.

it kinda crimps the exhaust pipe the whole way around if you get my meaning
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 05:43:42 PM by FlatBlack77 »
"When you are a hammer, everything looks like a nail"
'77 C/10 - 350/350 mild street motor

Offline Jakethesnake73

• Registered Users
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 07:42:45 PM »

you could probably use a 2.25 clamp. i would imagine a 2.50 would be too big but i could be wrong

one trick i use when clamping on mufflers/exhaust pipe is clamp it down real tight then loosen it back up and spin the clamp around 180 degrees so its opposite of where it was then tighten it up real good again and leave it there.

i was thinking ill just clamp it down and use muffler sealer material to close up the end like you would with caulk on a house window

Offline enaberif

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 08:14:04 AM »

i was thinking ill just clamp it down and use muffler sealer material to close up the end like you would with caulk on a house window

Muffler sealer is junk. If the pipe slides into the muffler the clamp will be fine.