Author Topic: Wild life  (Read 6263 times)

Offline Blazin

• Blazin new trails!
  • Global Moderator
Wild life
« on: April 17, 2008, 05:07:00 AM »
Had a big ol moose in my yard sometime last night. Prints are almost as big as my hand :o
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
Re: Wild life
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 06:24:59 AM »
I had the worlds biggest Coyote in my backyard a little while ago and we had a stare down contest. Since then I don't let my dog outside in the dark without me right there.
,                           ___ 
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

74 GMC, 75 K5, 84 GMC, 85 K20, 86 k20, 79 K10

Offline frogman68

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 06:39:24 AM »
I had the worlds biggest Coyote in my backyard a little while ago and we had a stare down contest. Since then I don't let my dog outside in the dark without me right there.

We get them too (coyotes) I have learned not to go to the workshop after dark without one of our dogs :) the coyotes in MD are timid they run if our dog (s) bark :)

Offline Blazin

• Blazin new trails!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 06:59:22 AM »
I used to live right on the small lake in town. It was nothing to take a spot light and shine it across the lake and see hundreds of pairs of eyes. Or right out behind the house here them walking around and start howling. Shine the light out back and see them, they would split as soon as you made a noise.
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs

Online zieg85

• Global Moderator
    • 73-87 GM squarebody extended cab and conversions up to 91 R/V series
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2008, 03:41:57 PM »
Anyone catch the news in Chicago where they tracked and killed a 150 lb. mountain lion?
Carl 
1985 C20 Scottsdale 7.4L 4 speed 3.21
1986 C10 under construction
https://www.facebook.com/groups/248658382003506/

Offline Lt.Del

• Andy aka:SgtDel
  • DelbridgePhotography.com
    • www.delbridge.net
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2008, 04:06:01 PM »
Anyone catch the news in Chicago where they tracked and killed a 150 lb. mountain lion?

The poor Mtn Lion was just sightseeing in Chicago---he was to go to the Sears Tower next to have a look around.  Poor thing.

Offline choptop

• Extended cab fanatic
    • conversiontrucks
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2008, 08:58:55 PM »
Coyotes won't come near the place with my wolf in the yard.
76 C10 Choptop,76 C10 Swb
85 C10, 85 K10, 85 K20,86 C10,86 K10 (all extended cabs)
86 C30 extended crewcab

Offline blast

• JamRoom
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2008, 09:25:16 PM »
I live in the middle of a small urban city of about 2000 people, surrounded by quite a few houses. 

I used to throw my leftovers out in the yard in the middle of this gigantic lilac bush, so they wouldn't stink up the garbage.  ;D

I quit doing that when the second black bear walked through town and decided to sit in my lilac bush.  :)

Around that time we were out pontooning on the lake down the road, middle of the night, and we followed a black bear that swam across a 1.5 mile lake.  I swore the whole time we followed it, that it was just a huge dog, till it got out of the lake and we saw the rest of the bear.  That was cool. 

Offline Blazin

• Blazin new trails!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2008, 09:29:55 PM »
Coyotes won't come near the place with my wolf in the yard.
They know the pecking order!

Offline choptop

• Extended cab fanatic
    • conversiontrucks
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2008, 08:43:58 AM »
Funny thing about it, is if I take him around the place and let him mark his area every so often, it cuts down on other dogs as well. I only had one dog come over and attack him, and the next thing I know, the neighbor is blaming me my dog killed his $500 Rotteweiler. My boy never left the property, and at that time was on a horse rope tied to a tree because we were upgrading his pen. The Sheriff came out, laughed at my neighbor, and left. Only other dog was my Pug. He jumped the wolf, and the wolf shook him around a bit, and spit him out, and I'll be danged if the pug didn't go back for more. Luckily I caught him before he jumped Trapper (the wolf ) again. Pugs are fun, but not so bright. Only problem is Trapper loves cats............ He thinks they taste good.
86 C30 extended crewcab

Offline Blazin

• Blazin new trails!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2008, 11:59:40 AM »
My exes Chihuahua went after a Rotie. The Rotie started to get aggressive, the Chihuahua tore him a new one big time. Rotie had to get about 20 stitches in his face and throat.

Offline choptop

• Extended cab fanatic
    • conversiontrucks
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2008, 05:05:08 PM »
Chihuahua's are feisty little boogers though, aren't they. I am not surprised
86 C30 extended crewcab

Offline Bigtendude

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2008, 08:03:57 AM »
   My Lhasa Apso attacked a Rot and a pit, he kept going back for more till the rot and pit hightailed it.  My Lhasa was too quick for either dog to catch him, my dog was going after their tendons on their back legs.  To get out of the yard to do his thing, he dug under the fence.  It looked funny to see him running circles around those two, chomping on their lower legs. My Lhasa only weighs 12 pounds.  He has a protective area around our yard of about 3 blocks.
He is a good friend of mine, who speaks well of me behind my back.........