Author Topic: What do I need for 4" lift  (Read 2094 times)

Offline krafty33

What do I need for 4" lift
« on: November 08, 2009, 11:15:11 PM »
I have a 76 Silverado K10 4X4. I am looking at putting in a Superlift 4" susp lift. What other parts do I need to order besides what's in the kit. Also as far as the steering stabilizer, should I go single or dual. I am looking at the most a 35 inch tire. This is also my first lift install, so any tips are greatly appreciated.
THANKS!!!!

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
Re: What do I need for 4" lift
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 01:58:04 AM »
a good kit should come with everything also try rough country thats were i got mine. as far as the parts you need you need to decide if you want all new springs i would due to the fact your are old, or you go with just blocks in the rear and new front springs. next you need brake lines they should be an option in the kit stainless steal breaded brake lines, sky jacker makes them they come in the rough country kit. i know with my 6" i got the swaybar drop kit its only like 2" thick you might need it might not cant help you there. new shocks the kit should have bushings you will probably need bolts i had to cut all mine out. a steering arm for the 4", as far as the steering stabilizers they are for big tires even with 2 on mine with 38's the steering wheel still gets pulled away from me now and then. i think it looks a little nicer with two also. i think thats about it also shock boots for your new shocks
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes