Author Topic: lowering on a budget  (Read 2070 times)

Offline slammed89civic

• New Users
lowering on a budget
« on: July 01, 2003, 02:17:00 AM »
hello, i need to know the cheapest possable way to drop my truck as much as possable.....heating coils? cutting coils? removing leafs from the rear?i am looking for about a 7" drop in the rear and about 5" up front

please dont flame me for asking about cutting or heating coils, i just want to ghetto lower my truck until i can afford my airbags, and i dont care about how it will ride because it will rarley be driven until bags are installed

Offline 79silver

Re: lowering on a budget
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2003, 10:56:00 PM »
well first id like to say i like you user name you have the best choice in vehicle i got a 90 civic that is slamed and a 78 saburban any ways i just got done doing my 1/2 ton burban and i took leafs out (4) of the rear and its fine for now but im at 6 inch drop in the front and im on my bump stops it ride so bad i hate it i cant drive it couse i cut the front springs to much i took off 3 coil and thats way to much so i recamend only taking off 2 at the most if you cut them how ever my truck has been like this for 2 days and im already ordering my new springs couse its so bad the best place for springs ive found so far is summit racing they only have a 3 inch though so im ginn have to still clip alittle off but any how thats all i can think of right now hope it helps.