Author Topic: Got my parts rig.  (Read 2581 times)

Offline manualburb

Got my parts rig.
« on: August 17, 2014, 01:29:19 PM »
So yesterday i drove out to Portland and picked up another Suburban. They are both 1990 2500. The all red one is a factory 4 speed with only 102k miles. The lifted one is an automatic with 320k. I bought the lifted one for cheap because of the mileage, and it has like new 35" BFG all terrains, 6" suspension lift, warn hubs, headers with dual flowmasters. Upon bringing it home I found out it also has a factory limited slip rear. I love the factory 4 speed and want to build that one for camping, hunting vehicle. Am I going about this wrong? Should I learn to live with the automatic transmission? The lifted one runs and drives OK but the interior is shot. I want to start swapping parts but I'm just not sure yet. Any advice guys? thanks guys.

Offline Captkaos

• OWNER and Administrator
  • Administrator
    • http://www.73-87chevytrucks.com
Re: Got my parts rig.
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 01:49:00 PM »
If you have 2 trucks and one has what you want you have everything to swap it out from one to the other... 
If you do, I would swap the easier things over.  Interior swap and axle is alot easier than transmission transfer case.

Offline manualburb

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 06:52:46 PM »
The stock height Burb has the sm465 and only 102k and open rear diff. The lifted one I purchased to put the lift, tires, exhaust, and rear end because it has a limited slip. I believe them both to be 3.73's. Is it worth all the work to keep the manual transmission and an overall nicer rig? Just don't know now.

Offline Captkaos

• OWNER and Administrator
  • Administrator
    • http://www.73-87chevytrucks.com
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2014, 07:50:52 PM »
It depends on if you like the manual the most.  If I had a manual suburban, I would put everything on it I liked..  Swap everthing else to the other one and sell it.