Author Topic: Front coilover swap?  (Read 2006 times)

Offline 1974dream

Front coilover swap?
« on: January 17, 2016, 04:32:45 PM »
I don't know if there has been a convo already made for this or not but anyways...I've got plans for my c10 bumper to bumper. I want to redo all of my suspension which brings me to my first question...my front suspension is just factory springs like usual but I was wondering if there is some kind of coilover setup that someone has ever done or knows about? Any information would be awesome. My plans for the truck is a daily/track truck. Coilover front suspension and a late 80s corvette suspension swap for the back. If anyone has opinions or help for me I'd appreciate it.

Offline jonny

Re: Front coilover swap?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 04:45:06 PM »
I don't know about a coil over set for a street application, like it sounds you may be striving for, using the corvette rear. But I know in 4x4 searches I've seen a lot of kits available. But they are usually for gaining travel. looking at their set up may give you ideas.

Offline 1974dream

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2016, 04:53:08 PM »
Idk I'll probably have to get a little creative and fab my own way of coilover swapping. I figure it would be better to coilover swap than to keep my spring setup since I'm circuit bound in the future.

Offline 1974dream

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2016, 07:09:16 PM »
I've found a setup for 72 and below c10s but nothing for 74 and up. I'm curious if anyone at all has seen of a setup or has done fab work to their stock parts to run coilovers?