Author Topic: Putting My Truck to Bed  (Read 27118 times)

Offline philo_beddoe

• 77 C-10
Re: Putting My Truck to Bed
« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2016, 06:56:05 PM »
LT, arent you in cali? Look farmy in that pic.

Oh, btw- i agree the small mirrors are useless, but they look good. Imo.
Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.  Zechariah 14:1

Offline LTZ C20

• "I'm here for a good time" -George Strait
« Reply #61 on: October 30, 2016, 07:30:55 PM »
Yea, I live in the country lol. I live next to a turkey farm, the other side is alpacas my landlord owns  and across the street is the pasture for a dairy. It's nice.
LTZ Cheyenne C20

Offline LTZ C20

« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2016, 08:17:09 PM »
Took the shop trailer back earlier this afternoon and found my mirrors were delivered. I plan to put them on tonight when I get home.
LTZ Cheyenne C20

Offline LTZ C20

« Reply #63 on: October 31, 2016, 12:59:34 AM »
New mirrors are on. They look great, work perfectly. The heaters warm up faster than my old mirrors. They should lol, they're new.
LTZ Cheyenne C20

Offline philo_beddoe

• 77 C-10
« Reply #64 on: October 31, 2016, 08:17:30 AM »
Something tells me they're NOT small and sporty, lol. Glad the new truck is working well for you, from the pics it looks clean, new tires and all. I should do the same, that is..have a second vehicle. My 77 is a daily driver, winter and all. I think after I paint it in the spring i'll put it to bed during the cold salty winters.
Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.  Zechariah 14:1

Offline LTZ C20

« Reply #65 on: October 31, 2016, 01:43:44 PM »
Something tells me they're NOT small and sporty, lol. Glad the new truck is working well for you, from the pics it looks clean, new tires and all. I should do the same, that is..have a second vehicle. My 77 is a daily driver, winter and all. I think after I paint it in the spring i'll put it to bed during the cold salty winters.
No where near small and sporty lol.

I'm getting new tailgate handle clips, a new tailgate handle bezel, new antenna base and antenna mast today. All of these things are broken.
LTZ Cheyenne C20

Offline philo_beddoe

• 77 C-10
« Reply #66 on: October 31, 2016, 10:35:07 PM »
Looks great! Oh, and thats a nice looking 92-97 generation ford f-series in the background. I gave up my 97 f-350 pwrstroke diesel 7.3 turbo For my 77 c-10. I like my classic better, but i miss the rig.

Oh, and another thing LT, all your pics have palm trees in the background too. Do you have to rub it in like that?! C'mon man! 

Offline LTZ C20

« Reply #67 on: November 01, 2016, 11:42:07 AM »
Looks great! Oh, and thats a nice looking 92-97 generation ford f-series in the background. I gave up my 97 f-350 pwrstroke diesel 7.3 turbo For my 77 c-10. I like my classic better, but i miss the rig.

Oh, and another thing LT, all your pics have palm trees in the background too. Do you have to rub it in like that?! C'mon man!
That's a coworkers ferd, got it from his dad who can't drive anymore. As for the Palm trees, those are in the Honda dealer lot next door. In the first picture you should be able to spot the remnants of a tweaker hotel. Haha.

I'm loving the mirrors. I got the antenna base and mast replaced last night. Radio signal is much better, still a little static, either I have some speakers going south or a dirty connection somewhere. It's tolerable now tho, much better than half static and no antenna as all.
LTZ Cheyenne C20

Offline LTZ C20

« Reply #68 on: November 03, 2016, 12:15:27 AM »
Also replaced the tailgate handle clips and bezel.
LTZ Cheyenne C20

Offline philo_beddoe

• 77 C-10
« Reply #69 on: November 03, 2016, 01:27:20 PM »
Tailgate looks mint.
Hey, why not just drop a crate 350 in your classic? You'd be right back on top again.

Offline LTZ C20

« Reply #70 on: November 03, 2016, 02:06:53 PM »
Tailgate looks mint.
Hey, why not just drop a crate 350 in your classic? You'd be right back on top again.
I'm not spending any more money on it. I would have to be able to finance a crate engine, i physically can not afford to finance any more major expenses on it. Im not even driving it and I'm still paying off the stupid transmission I just had built right before the engine went south. And it wouldn't be anywhere near as powerful as it should be for a 3/4 ton, I'm already making a truck payment now, it's financially stupid to be making 2 truck payments when I can only afford one. If I did, that would be the 4th engine in 7 years. Like I said before I just can't do it, it not reliable and it's to expensive to keep going on daily use. It's gonna have to sit until I can afford to restore it.
LTZ Cheyenne C20

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
« Reply #71 on: November 03, 2016, 04:32:57 PM »
lt if you were a lot closer i would give you a 350 just to get her going, sorry bud
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline LTZ C20

« Reply #72 on: November 03, 2016, 06:37:11 PM »
lt if you were a lot closer i would give you a 350 just to get her going, sorry bud
I very much do appreciate your offer but it was time to start playing adult and get something else anyway. I kinda had considered off and on getting another vehicle but when I found the issues it just was like "ok, that's it. Pulling the plug."
LTZ Cheyenne C20

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
« Reply #73 on: November 03, 2016, 10:11:48 PM »
"playing adult" lmao, people need things to keep them busy. some like drama some like fishing some like drugs, me i love working and driving these old trucks around
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline philo_beddoe

• 77 C-10
Putting My Truck to Bed
« Reply #74 on: November 04, 2016, 10:51:03 PM »
I like fishing.

LT, your probably doing the right thing. Be careful that the new truck payments dont exceed continuous repair on your classic.

Often folks that have a decent vehicle start having a few problems and panic that they are spending too much, but the payments on a new vehicle are worse. If a new engine costs 5k, but a newer truck cost 18k, well there you have it. Slowly save up for a nice new engine, save...dont finance. If a 350 is too small then put this engine in it. 

http://www.speedforsale.com/nissangtrparts/ams-alpha-gt-44-big-bore-stroker-crate-engine-package-amsr35alp07040008-p-3553.html?gclid=CJGZltTakNACFYQdgQodMzAAcA

Just kidding, but you know what i mean.