Author Topic: Putting My Truck to Bed  (Read 27119 times)

Offline fitz

Re: Putting My Truck to Bed
« Reply #75 on: November 05, 2016, 03:47:39 AM »

LTZ,
I put 1 of my trucks to bed over 6 years ago.
It still hasn't woken up.
Maybe we should start a poll to see who's truck wakes up first (I'm thinking yours will).

http://forum.73-87chevytrucks.com/smforum/index.php?action=forum

Offline LTZ C20

• "I'm here for a good time" -George Strait
« Reply #76 on: November 05, 2016, 07:12:43 PM »

LTZ,
I put 1 of my trucks to bed over 6 years ago.
It still hasn't woken up.
Maybe we should start a poll to see who's truck wakes up first (I'm thinking yours will).

http://forum.73-87chevytrucks.com/smforum/index.php?action=forum
God I hope so. But my girlfriend is ready to get married, 4 years together this month. Then I hope I get one of these jobs with a LEO agency. I hope I can do afford it in less than 10 years.
LTZ Cheyenne C20

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
« Reply #77 on: November 05, 2016, 11:23:31 PM »
Tell her marrag is like a fine wine. The long you take to make it the better it taste. Took me 7 years to gt married, the reason was I totaled my impala and it's kind of an eye opener when your head is sticking out the sun roof or window and you feel mud and grass on your face. I realized that life isn't guaranteed and don't let a minute pass that you don't use to the best that you can.
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline LTZ C20

« Reply #78 on: November 06, 2016, 01:12:44 PM »
True that.
LTZ Cheyenne C20

Offline LTZ C20

« Reply #79 on: November 12, 2016, 10:53:31 PM »
On Wednesday I took about a 2 hours drive up to the bay area from the valley for a polygraph test for the local PD I'm currently hiring with. Well I filled up on my way out of town. It's a 26 gallon tank, I went 2 hours up, 2 hours back, sat in traffic both times for a bit. I also went to the next town over on Thursday, around town Thursday, work and back Friday, also went to next town over again Friday night and another small town Friday night and in the morning when it's cold I let the truck idle for 10-15 min to warm up with the windshield, mirror, back window defroster and seat heaters on. Last night put gas back in right when the low fuel light turned on, literally, was about to be on E, pulled up to gas pump, put truck in Park, fuel lite came on, put gas in. So from Wednesday morning to Friday night I got 311 miles out of 1 tank. That's about 12 mpg's average. I know I can probably get and did get about 15 when I was driving back and forth on my Bay area trip cuz I usually sit the cruise on 60. Can't complain tho, 12 average is WAY better than the old truck got, not bad for 6.0. So far, I'm really loving this truck, no complaints. Was easy, comfy and hummed along flawlessly on my trip.
LTZ Cheyenne C20

Offline philo_beddoe

• 77 C-10
« Reply #80 on: November 13, 2016, 07:15:44 PM »
Yah, so howd the poly go?
Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.  Zechariah 14:1

Offline LTZ C20

« Reply #81 on: November 13, 2016, 10:26:03 PM »
Yah, so howd the poly go?
Good. I passed.
LTZ Cheyenne C20

Offline philo_beddoe

• 77 C-10
« Reply #82 on: November 14, 2016, 02:22:55 PM »
Good, they can be tough to beat sometimes.
Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.  Zechariah 14:1

Offline fitz

« Reply #83 on: November 14, 2016, 05:20:59 PM »

That is priceless.

Offline philo_beddoe

• 77 C-10
« Reply #84 on: November 14, 2016, 05:23:56 PM »

That is priceless.
You caught that, lol...

Offline fitz

« Reply #85 on: November 14, 2016, 08:58:00 PM »
I was laughing so hard I hit the quote button twice.

Offline philo_beddoe

• 77 C-10
« Reply #86 on: November 14, 2016, 09:15:29 PM »
In all honesty,  a friend of mine with a spot free record, not even a speeding ticket, ever,,he had to take the poly during the last phase of a game warden job in ct, this was a dream job, he said after the poly test he felt like a criminal, he was drilled so bad, didnt even want the job after that. He failed it and wasnt even nervous. Go figure.  They are looking for a pattern of lying.  "Have you ever been drunk?" "Yes", next question, "have you EVER driven drunk?", Uh oh,,,"yes" game over mate. And if you answer no, your lying. Tricky, tricky...

Offline LTZ C20

« Reply #87 on: November 14, 2016, 10:05:06 PM »
Well, first off, there is no such thing as a lie detector test.

The way he explained it to me was that a polygraph monitors your breathing, heart rate and blood pressure so that when you are dishonest, the body automatically changes these things and the polygraph picks up those changes. Easiest way to explain it, it works exactly the same as a seismograph for earthquakes. When your telling the truth, it's nice and steady, when your intentionally dishonest, it registers large, noticeable changes. He said it's not rocket science but it is science and it's a reliable science.

He was very nice, polite and professional. I actually learned a few things which was cool because I was curios more than I was nervous and I was pretty nervous. I can't really say much else as it is confidential.
LTZ Cheyenne C20

Offline philo_beddoe

• 77 C-10
« Reply #88 on: November 15, 2016, 09:04:16 AM »
Thats awesome! Glad it worked out well for you and hope this job does also. Would like to see your truck back in action.

Offline LTZ C20

« Reply #89 on: November 15, 2016, 10:56:43 AM »
Thats awesome! Glad it worked out well for you and hope this job does also. Would like to see your truck back in action.
Thanks. Me too.
LTZ Cheyenne C20