Author Topic: Dual 3.5s in dash  (Read 2245 times)

Offline Horsepowertokill

Dual 3.5s in dash
« on: May 15, 2018, 11:29:09 AM »
IAM sure this has been asked.  Replacing center speaker 4x10 to a plate with 3.5s in the center.  IAM thinking of putting four 3.5s in dash.  two in the corners and two in the corners of dash.  Wire  them in series. Also getting 6x9s and brackets for rear. I found a website which repairs your stock radio.  And  does a conversion to output 45x 4 @ 4 ohms.   I have a 1984 GMC with AC.  Is the room to make this happen.  Not really interested in kick panel speakers or cut up my mint doors.  IAM sure not ideal setup. But would be a lot cleaner imo.
Planning on jbl. Gx302 in dash.   And jbl GTO 6x9s in rear.
Any pics of center hole with AC truck for reference would be helpful. Love this site.
Clayton
CFM

Offline RyanG

Re: Dual 3.5s in dash
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 12:02:16 AM »
You're in luck because I currently have my dash out and just replaced my 2 3.5's. I have an 86 with AC. I'll take some pictures tomorrow when its not dark. I used Kicker DSC35's. Nothing in that middle hole. Whoever had my truck before me put in one of those classic looking radios that is actually digital. The radio doesn't work but the RCA inputs do so I hooked up a bluetooth receiver to it.

Offline Horsepowertokill

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 04:13:22 PM »
That would be greatly appreciated.
CFM

Offline RyanG

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2018, 12:01:44 AM »
Here are the pics, let me know if you need something else. I'm planning on putting the dash back in next week.

Offline Horsepowertokill

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2018, 04:25:37 PM »
No that's great I'm sure I can make it work.
Thank you!!!!!!!
CFM