Author Topic: Throttle body wiring  (Read 29353 times)

Offline Corkey723

Throttle body wiring
« on: November 18, 2009, 04:49:59 PM »
I need some help from you guys out there. On my project truck, someone cut off the wires for the throttle body and also about 4 or 5 pink/black wires. I got a connector and pigtail out of another truck but it looks like its different.

Now i dont know what the stock wiring looks like. Does anyone have a diagram or pictures of the wiring on an 87 R10 350. I need to know where the other 2 wires go. The pigtail I have has a green and blue wire on it, and I can match those 2 up, I just need to know ehere the other 2 wires run to.     Thanks in advance.

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
Re: Throttle body wiring
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 06:13:26 PM »
There should be 4 wires going to the injectors. Blue and red. Then Green and white. Now what other wires are cut? Take a pic so we can see.
,                           ___ 
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

74 GMC, 75 K5, 84 GMC, 85 K20, 86 k20, 79 K10

Offline Corkey723

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 10:06:23 PM »

This is the best pic i have right now, i can get better ones if you need them.    I have a harness with wires that are braided in 2 pair, they were cut off a junkyard motor by a friend.     The cut wires are pink/black, blue, and green.    I cant find any other cut wires (the red and white ones)    Do they run somewhere else or all into the computer, because i pulled the wire loom and didnt see any other wires.

Offline Corkey723

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 09:18:31 AM »
I guess that last post wasnt very clear, now that i read it.    I have the throttle body connectors and the 4 colored wires coming off of it like you said. I also have the blue and green wires in the picture that i know they hook up to. Its just i cant find where the other 2 colored wires go, the red and white wires.   Are the pink/black wires all for the air pump system, because thats been eliminated.

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2009, 08:06:44 AM »
I'm not following you. You have 2 injectors with two wires going to each. They should be twisted in the harness. One set is a blue and a red wire the other injector is a green and a white wire. What else are you missing?
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

Offline Corkey723

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2009, 09:46:36 AM »
i was missing the wires on the truck when i got it, someone cut them off. The picture above are the wires i'm missing, 4 pink/black wires, and the blue and green tbi wires. I got the throttle body connectors with wires coming off of them off another truck. The only two wires i can see on my truck are the blue and green wires that run to the computer. I dont know where the other wires go to, the red and white.
Bacically I need to know where the red and white wires go coming off of the injectors, because they dont seem to run to the computer.

Im trying to explain this the best I can, just ask if your confused on something
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 09:52:05 AM by Corkey723 »

Offline Lt.Del

• Andy aka:SgtDel
  • DelbridgePhotography.com
    • www.delbridge.net
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2009, 04:49:17 PM »
I don't know how much this will help.  This is all I can do while sittin' on my couch, going thru pic files of past projects I did on my '91 sub.  I had to replace one of the two TBI injectors from a donor, by splicing the wires and such.  Here's a link to that job.  Here are some pics.....If needed, I can go out and take some pics following them a bit more if that will help, but, it is raining right now and don't feel like gettin' out in the mess.

i put yellow arrows signifying the four wires as they come out of the TBI unit.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 05:12:05 PM by SgtDel »

Offline Corkey723

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2009, 06:19:13 PM »
Ok, I have the connectors and about 3 feet of wire with all the wires there. On my truck now, someone cut all the wires in the same place. I can only find the blue and green wires that run to the computer.    According to the diagrams I have found, there is a pink/black wire running from the fuse box for the constant power, which then splits off into the red and white wires for the injectors.   I just need to know where that is so I can splice my red and white wires in to get power.     The green and blue are the ground control wires (what turns the injectors on and off, controlled by the comp.)    If worse comes to worse, ill wire my own ign. controlled wires for the injectors.       I hope im being clear enough.

P.S.   this wiring problem is driving me up a wall.   I wish people werent pecker heads and cut stuff off like this. :o   Excuse my language/rant. lol
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 06:25:02 PM by Corkey723 »

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2009, 08:13:09 PM »
I'm still not sure what you're going off of. Maybe this will help:

Full size click 1

Full size click 2

Full size click 3
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

Offline Corkey723

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2009, 08:30:34 PM »
Sorry, it just doesnt seem like the wires were twisted together before, and they were all cut at the same place, no red and white wires to be found, even at the firewall.     I know the newer trucks were twisted to the computer, that is what my donor harness is out of.    i was just thinking, and looking at other wiring diagrams, that the red and white wires were tapped off another connector somewhere. Here is a diagram I found for an 88 350 TBI. http://media.photobucket.com/image/chevy%20tbi%20wiring%20harness/RFmaster89/TBI%20retrofit/TBItruckoverall.gif

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2009, 08:38:25 PM »
anyone have a diagram or pictures of the wiring on an 87 R10 350.

This is what you asked for so this is what you got. Is your ecm and harness from an R/V or a C/K?
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

Offline Corkey723

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2009, 09:07:24 PM »
The truck is an all original 87 R10.    Thank you for the diagrams, now i'm hoping for a picture  or something. Would I be better off getting a full harness from someone.   Or could I possibly just run a 12 ign controlled wire to the wires.     This is making my head hurt.

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2009, 09:14:51 PM »
So this is an 87 R10 5.7L tbi and someone cut off a bunch of wires and you don't see the diagrams I posted matching up?

Or could I possibly just run a 12 ign controlled wire to the wires
What does this mean?
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

Offline Corkey723

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2009, 09:23:01 PM »
Could I run a wire to the red and white wires that is hot when the ignition turns on.   Sorry, i'm not new with wiring stuff, just having trouble with this specific problem seeing as I don't know what its supposed to look like.

Offline Lt.Del

• Andy aka:SgtDel
  • DelbridgePhotography.com
    • www.delbridge.net
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2009, 09:25:45 PM »
if you simply run an ignition controlled 12 volt wire to it, what will control the fuel amount?  I would think that is why the TBI is connected to the computer.  I would think many factors go into the fuel amount such as throttle position, A/C, etc...