Author Topic: Hello all.  (Read 287 times)

Online jeremy.farlow

Re: Hello all.
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2020, 11:35:31 PM »
Thank you.
I started off saying I know how fortunate I am. The movie stuff makes for awesome pictures. I enjoy joking with my girl about how great the pic of cutting the cannon out would work on Tinder... At days end, itís a job. It pays well and the work can be fun, but the bosses also expect to get their moneyís worth. I think we got 11 days from the BMW getting dropped off to cutting the cannon out. I think 6 or 7 days before we shipped the Charger off for paint. I remember I was off the clock when I loaded it on a Saturday morning. Canít forget the call Sunday evening telling me the car was coming back... followed by another car... TBD... and SUV... we think. Should all be there by midday Wednesday at the latest. Still shoots Friday, rain or shine.
Iím mostly fortunate for the shop as well. Iíll REALLY be thankful when I donít have to work outside on my hands and knees like an animal. When the movie company foots the bill I can call a rollback to stick a car INSIDE. On my on stuff I have to check the weather. It rained a lot last week...
Again, thanks all for the kind words. I hope to continue keeping everyone entertained... or at least amused. If thereís anyone in the Atlanta area that wants to come by, shoot me a line. The beers always cold and plentiful if you like High Life.

Jeremy

Online JAH

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2020, 01:11:41 AM »
Jeremy, your shop could keep my mind and hands occupied 24/7...and I don't know how to use 90% of the stuff in it. (*I have the mechanical aptitude of a turnip.  Heck, I feel like Joe Martin every time I successfully change the oil, or a fuel filter, on one of the trucks.  :o)

If I lived near Atlanta, I'd get your permission to spend my days there, and have you share all your knowledge with me. :)

I'd happily serve as your lackey, just for the pleasure of learning.

Online jeremy.farlow

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2020, 06:32:13 AM »
Iím my own proud lackey. But if you can operate a broom you are more than welcome.
Happy day after Valentineís Day.  Missus and I got into it. Stupid Ford. I opted to wear my shoulder and bead roller out instead of her.

I made a die...

I did actually wear out both my shoulder and the bead roller...

And I came up with these:

Aluminum circles... we got emí...

Things are happening

Jeremy

Offline Shifty

• Registered Users
  • Chevy Dood
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2020, 09:04:17 AM »
dang....nice shop brother.  8)
87 V20 Standard Cab Longbed (current)

87 R30 3+3 Longbed (days of yore)

Online rayjos_1

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2020, 07:51:12 PM »
"Iím actively seeking socially irresponsible and nothing says THAT like a big block gas motor."

Jeremy
[/quote]

I love that! Im going to make a bumper sticker out of that and plaster it on my back window!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Online jeremy.farlow

« Reply #20 on: Today at 06:08:21 PM »
Finished off the lower door pieces.

Mounted the speakers and crossovers.

Iím gonna need some more aluminum.
New inserts for the rear doors:

If the weather holds tomorrow I hope to have stereo and amp in and tested. Regardless of weather Iíll place an order for another sheet or two of 0.090Ē aluminum. Iíve got an eBay instrument bezel on the way. My original was cracked and holy. Not Pope-holy, but full of holes. All the stuff is in the dumpster, but my truck got the ďRVĒ treatment around some point. Yeah... that consisted of 1/2Ē slabs of some kind of wood, self-tapping screwed THROUGH the bezel, dash inserts and both front door panels. As if the laminate ďwood-grainĒ wasnít haggard enough. After nearly 30 years the wood had split and looked as bad as the rest of the interior.

I mentioned earlier, Iím very much a spray it out with a hose kind of guy. Iím at a loss for the rear seats. I really donít want to incur the cost of re-upholstering them. That may be the best solution. I have a kid... heís still in a car seat for another couple years, the race buckets up front are fine and I could put race seats in the rear as well eventually, but the fold down bench just works. Race buckets arenít gonna fold up so nicely. One of my favorite things about this truck is with the rear seat folded I can put 4íx8í sheet goods in the rear.

If anyone out there has a seat in grey ideally, or black vinyl, Iím all ears!! Iím also on the hunt for a vinyl floor mat. Iím new to this truck, but Iím guessing a K5 Blazer or crew cab truck floor mat would likely work as well. Again, if anyone has a rubber floor thatíll fit my truck, again, Iím all ears.

Jeremy