Author Topic: Wipers won't park  (Read 2171 times)

Offline Johnret

Wipers won't park
« on: May 02, 2020, 08:09:26 AM »
Posting this in case someone else has this problem. My 85 wipers won't park. I ordered a new wiper motor and installed it and they still would not park. Prior to ordering a new motor, check to see if you have 12 volts on the park circuit harness. Turn ignition on prior to checking. After checking and rechecking and researching, I finally did this. The park circuit switch is installed inside the wiper motor assembly. If you turn on your ignition, don't start the truck, turn on the wipers and get them to stop anywhere except in the park position. Using a jumper short the 2 blade connector on the wiper motor, this should be the park switch. If the wipers return to the park position or run the motor at all the switch is good. If the motor doesn't run, the switch could be bad. Mine didn't move, I removed the cover from my brand new wiper motor, removed the switch to find that the switch was bad from the factory. I bent the switch so that is the always closed position, and that fix the problem.

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
Re: Wipers won't park
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2020, 08:25:06 AM »
See below
,                           ___ 
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

74 GMC, 75 K5, 84 GMC, 85 K20, 86 k20, 79 K10