Author Topic: Cheap re manufactured crap!!!  (Read 17860 times)

Offline nova801428

• Registered Users
Re: Cheap re manufactured crap!!!
« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2007, 02:25:45 AM »
Yeah.  I just have had one of the worst automotive days of my short lift

Last night - Put my dirtbike back together and break the head off of a bolt

This morning - My Ranger is having lots of problems.  It cuts out, chugs while driving

Noonish - My Chevy is being a pain in the ass...and won't listen

Afternoon to top it ALL off - I was pissed and tossed my keys at my truck.  Hit the front window and put a bunch of cracks in it >:( >:( >:( >:(

That is how I feel.  I won't give up on this truck...but that is how I feel.  I haven't given up on my Ford yet.  That will be first to go if anything.  I can't restore my truck right now at this time of my life.  So, I am pretty much at a stand still.

Anyway, does anybody have any suggestions on what to do?
1975 Chevy k20 6" lift 35" BFG MT's True Dual Exhausts Radical Cam

1980 GMC 2500 Parts Truck

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2007, 07:39:21 AM »
Well 1st you need to chill. Getting frustrated will get you nowhere. If you don't understand something try to analize the situation from a different perspective. These trucks are reliable but when someone goes in and starts hacking away at everything you need to reverse the damage that's been done.

Your positive battery cable goes to the B+ terminal on your starter solenoid. There are 2 fusible links that also connect there. Follow those wires up and verify the continuity to the junction block on the firewall. The other one will go to the bat terminal at the alternator. Once you have that situated and you verify 12V at both sides of the junction block and at the Bat terminal at the alternator you can move on to your other issues.

It sounds like the starter is overrunning and probably needs to be replaced.

If the engine still cranks but won't run check for spark.
,                           ___ 
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

74 GMC, 75 K5, 84 GMC, 85 K20, 86 k20, 79 K10

Offline Fordeatinz71

• 78k miles and counting
« Reply #62 on: December 09, 2007, 02:04:50 PM »
i know it gets frustrating...and i have reacted the same way as you more than once.  you just gotta take a break, step back and come back when you are calmer.  come back when you have a clear perspective and can actually think to do something about the situation(s) at hand.  you'll get on top of it all, just don't do anything stupid...trust me, you'll only regret it in the end...
1991 Chevy Silverado K1500 ECSB, 350, 700R4 w/shift kit, 3.42's, exhaust work...
1983 GMC Sierra K1500 SWB-sold :(

Offline nova801428

• Registered Users
« Reply #63 on: December 16, 2007, 06:12:58 PM »
Thanks for the confidence.  I let my truck sit awhile until today.  I got pissed at it and broke the grille...it was already broken, I just broke it worse.  Anyway.  I tinkered with it for awhile.  I dumped gas into the carb and no go.  I cranked it over forever...nothing.  I hooked up a timing light and checked for spark and I do have spark.  I took off a spark plug and long behold it was black.  I think I am going to replace them and see if it runs.  If not, I think I am going to just start tearing it apart.  I should just take off my lift kit and engine, and look for a good truck with a blown engine.  I think the plugs will fix the problem though.  Thanks.  I will report back when I replace them.

Offline Fordeatinz71

• 78k miles and counting
« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2007, 12:17:25 AM »
well, just because you have spark doesn't mean you have ENOUGH spark...was it fat and blue?  then just look at fuel...is there enough getting to the motor?  if you establish those two things, she should fire...the blackness makes me think your carb is WAYYY off though...that will need to be addressed...you are probably flooding the crap out of it...good luck
1991 Chevy Silverado K1500 ECSB, 350, 700R4 w/shift kit, 3.42's, exhaust work...
1983 GMC Sierra K1500 SWB-sold :(

Offline nova801428

• Registered Users
« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2007, 12:31:18 AM »
Thanks for the reply.  I got it RUNNING.  It turns out the plugs were completely crap.  They were about 6 months old but have went to heck and back.  And, I think my alternator problem is fixed....WOOT WOOT ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I ran out of gas shortly after starting.  So, I will do a test tomorrow.  Thanks for all the help.  It turns out that the isolator was just junk.  I removed it and rewired it and it works fine.  I also went through a starter in the process!!!  Oh yeah!!! ;D

Now, I just need help getting my steering issue solved, and I will be an extremely happy chevy owner

Thanks for sticking with me and giving me the advice.  You guys are great.